LAMENTATION ON MY COUNTRY
I lament Nigeria my country, beautiful Nigeria where law
makers break the law
Where citizen store billions of naira abroad and we go a
borrowing
Where filling station are always empty
Where force uniform is license to corruption
I salute the generals
General jibiti l salute your office of fine philandering
distinction it is you I salute so soulfully
Your tight military mouth carries the pangent odor of our
political power democrat I salute you
We shall eat governance this afternoon
I lament my beautiful country where officers defraud through
errand boys
Where guy robbers are shot and pen robbers are spare
Where laws are perverted on ones recognition
Where there is never enough power anytime
Where body-guards turn smuggler
I lament Nigeria my country
I lament my brith land
Where unity is preached but discrimination is practices Nigeria, my darling Nigeria
The land that once flowed with protection and guardians
The that once flow with milk and honey
The once giant of African but now ant of African
The cynosure of the world could this be really said of thee?
Nigeria a where the leader did not as respect of our
education
Where the leader sent their children aboard to study
Where the leader is not free to work without security
Nigeria! Oh Nigeria!!
My beautiful country
God is able to turn the above to positive
My name remain still

0 comments:
Post a Comment